Seacoast Roller Derby at the Dover Arena
SASS and A Safe Place are excited to partner with the amazing ladies of the Seacoast Roller Derby! We'll be featured at many of their bouts with resources, information and more so stop by and say hello! Learn more about the Seacoast Roller Derby here.
Soaring for Survivors
Please save the date! A Safe Place and SASS are planning a celebration of the agency's merger on Tuesday, October 20th from 6-9 p.m. at the Atlantic Grill. More information to follow!
It is estimated that 1 in 6 men experiences unwanted or abusive sexual violence in his life time. Most often these events occur before the age of 18.
Stigmas associated with male sexual abuse often cause incidences to go unreported, leaving victims feeling isolated, ashamed and unsure of where to turn.
Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS) partnering with 1BlueString, is on a mission to spread awareness by cultivating a climate of support, empowerment and recovery through outreach in the music community. #1BlueString is a symbol of solidarity and a conversation starter, to promote education and compassionate dialogue to help break the code of silence surrounding male sexual abuse.
We are inviting local musicians to participate in our awareness campaign by:
- Agreeing to replace their low E string with our 1BlueString for a minimum of one gig. (Strings are available in Electric .046 and Acoustic .054).
- Agree to take a photo or have their photo taken, stringing the string and/or playing.
- Use the provided script at least one gig to help raise awareness about childhood male sexual abuse and how their audience can get help locally. SASS will promote their gig on their social media platforms.
- Allow for SASS to record them at a gig using the string and provided PSA
- Use the photo and/or video on their own social media platforms with a link to SASS’s site. Please use the hashtags #1BlueString #SASSNH #NoMore
Want to get involved? Email email@example.com for more information!